alumni newsletter

Help sustain The Daily Orange by joining our membership program

Emily Steinberger | Photo Editor

Daily Orange staffers continue to report on the SU community despite the challenges of the pandemic. Here's how you can support their work.

At The Daily Orange, we believe the relationship between a community and its news outlet should be a two-way street. Our vision is to create a community that expands beyond the content we produce for our audience. But we can’t do it without your help.

That’s why we’re launching our new membership program. If you give at least $5 a month, you can access special rewards and get a behind-the-scenes look at our newsroom, while giving us better flexibility to sustain our operations.

Every dollar goes toward the resources we need to keep producing vital coverage of the Syracuse community. Becoming a member is simple, and you can adjust your recurring donation at any time through The D.O.’s donation platform. Click here to learn more.

membership_tiers

membership_tiersEvery story we publish is free for everyone, and that will never change. This is possible because of supporters like you, who believe in our mission of delivering accurate and reliable journalism while creating unparalleled opportunities for the next generation of professional journalists.

Supporting The D.O. means you’re buying into what it has to offer. You’re declaring that you’re invested in our coverage of Syracuse University and the greater central New York region, and that you want to see us improve.

The D.O. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that receives no funding from Syracuse University. In the past year, we’ve found great inspiration in how other nonprofit news outlets engage with their audiences, including The 19th News, ProPublica and The Texas Tribune. It’s time for the best student-run news organization in the country to follow suit.

Are you ready to help us write our next story? Become a member today.

Haley Robertson (‘21) is The Daily Orange’s fundraising coordinator. She previously served as editor-in-chief. Feel free to contact her with any questions or suggestions at fundraising@dailyorange.com.